Sunday, March 4, 2007

Horse Troubles

This weekend was very nice. My mom, dad, brother, and sister-in-law all came down from South Bend. They helped us install three new ceiling fans in our house. I managed to avoid a fast food catastrophe by opting out on lunch at Chick-Fil-A. Instead, Jarrett and I stuck to Smart One's. Dinner wasn't a total disaster. We went to Texas Roadhouse and I had a 6-0z sirloin and veggies. I even managed to avoid eating any of the bread and only 3 peanuts. Sunday was another great food day. Jarrett and I made our own pizza's using whole wheat pita's for the crust and fat-free mozzarella cheese. They were really good!

I didn't get to the gym on Friday or Saturday. I had my riding lesson on Sunday. It was terribly frustrating. We started by lunging Frosty. This is an exercise he does not really understand yet. He was getting very upset. I have to remind myself he is just 4 and he isn't fully trained. It will come with time and work. I really have only had him for 10 weeks and he has come so far in such a short time.

Belle, our 11 year old Shetland sheepdog, started chemotherapy this weekend. She was diagnosed last week with Cushing's disease. So far, she has responded well to the treatment. We haven't noticed any adverse reaction to the treatment. Jarrett is spending the day with her tomorrow and Tuesday to continue to closely monitor her. We hope this treatment is going to help make her more comfortable. She's the sweetest dog anyone could ever ask for and we'd do anything to make her feel better.

No comments: