Sunday, October 19, 2008

2:16:11

I finished my second half marathon yesterday in 2:16:11. That is 39 minutes faster then my first half marathon in May! Awesome! I don't wear a watch, so I cannot give you splits and such interesting facts. I do know I was pacing a group of runners for the first 6 miles and I managed to finish those six in 49 minutes. If I had paced myself a little better, I would have been able to finish even faster. I was ahead of Jarrett until mile 11. He passed me on the the giant hill. I saw him and just could never quite catch up. I also learned that I do not like GU. I am going to have to figure something else out if I plan on doing a full marathon.

I think if I put some additional training in, I could finish a half marathon in under 2-hours. Even more importantly, I am convinced that I can finish a full marathon. They only thing that will hold me back is my feet. I did end up with wicked blisters on my arches and the end of two of the toes on my left foot. It may be time for a visit to the podiatrist and perhaps some custom orthotics.

No comments: