Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Brrrr....

I have a race this weekend. 10K. It's going to be cold. It's going to be raining. Sigh. I have had a great week of work outs. I went to Boot Camp on Tuesday morning and rode Frosty that evening. I even made it to the...gasp...GYM...today! I haven't been to the gym in MONTHS. Up until this week, the weather has been too nice to visit the hamster wheels at the gym. Food has been hit or miss. I really need to get back on track with my eating. I am a stress eater and work has, shall we say, been stressful for about the last...ummm year.

My latest and greatest scheme is to ride my bike from Indy to Lafayette the day after Thanksgiving. I have my route mapped and now I just need to verify all of the roads are paved. It's about a 60 mile ride from my house to my barn. :) I'm excited. I love my bike and this my be my last chance to get a really long road ride in before it gets too bitter cold to ride. Thanksgiving weather is fickle in Indiana. I remember Thanksgivings that it snowed and Thanksgivings we wore shorts. I will only do the ride if it is dry and warmer the 40. I'll let you all know how it goes!

Jarrett and I have decided we are more then likely going to do the Toronto marathon next year. Time to get serious and get those miles in!

No comments: