Friday, August 1, 2008

What a week! I went to visit my parents in South Bend for a nice long weekend. Mimi (Amelia - our sheltie) and I made a girls weekend of the trip and left Jarrett in Indy to enjoy sprawling in the bed without a wife kicking him and Mimi trying to hog the bed.

Saturday was wonderful. Mom and I went shopping and she bought me new running shoes for my birthday. :) I went to Metro Run and Walk in South Bend and the owner fitted me with new Brooks. They are the same style I've been wearing but they felt better then any of the others I tried on. I have incredibly flat feet and my right foot is signficantly more narrow then my left. Brooks actually has an option to pay a little extra and they will sell you two shoes in different widths or sizes. I may take them up on this option next time if I continue to get blisters. I also bought my tri suit! It's pink!


Sunday was nice and relaxing. My parents took me to dinner at a wonderful little local place that serves the best prime rib.

Monday we went to Lake Michigan to visit some family who were renting a cabin on the lake for the week. It was nice seeing the family and the weather and water was beautiful. It also gave me a chance to do a little open water swimming. That went....okay. I'll admit it makes me a bit nervous to swim far out in the lake.

Tuesday I made the trek back to Indy. No tickets this time! It was also my birthday. I am now 29. I thought I'd give you my list of things I hope to accomplish in the next year:

1. Complete my first triathlon (September 6, 2008)
2. Complete two more half-marathons (October 18, 2008 and May 2009)
3. Complete the Eagle Creek Sprint Tri Series (June, July, August 2009)
4. Sign-up for a full marathon (either Chicago or the Indianapolis Marathon)
5. Travel abroad
6. Visit a new state
7. Get another Sheltie
8. Improve my riding skills and compete at a few local shows
9. Stay active and healthy
10. Be a good person


No comments: