Sunday, June 29, 2008

It's official!

I officially signed up for the first Go Girl Triathlon on September 6th. It Indianapolis' first women's only triathlon. The distances are 500 meter swim, 10 mile bike and 3 mile run. The event will be held at Eagle Creek Park.

Now that it's official, the serious training begins. Jarrett and I went for a nice 10 mile ride at Eagle Creek last night, however, it was a bit leisurely. We were having too much fun enjoying the scenery and I am still getting the hand of down shifting the new bike. I know I can finish the tri at my current fitness level, but if I want to actually push myself, I need to train harder and build up my endurance.

Here are my training plans for this week:

Sunday - Barn - Dressage work
Monday - Bike (4.5 miles), Swim (500 meters), Run (1 mile), Bike (4.5 miles)
Tuesday - Barn - Show Jumping and X-Country Intervals
Wednesday - Swim (1000 meters), Run (1 mile)
Thursday - Barn
Friday - Run...maybe - I will be at Johnson County Park for the weekend and I may try to squeeze in a very short run.
Saturday - Horse Show :)
Sunday - Rest and Visit friends

I hope everyone enjoys the holiday week!


1 comment:

Michelle said...

Wow! You've made some incredible progress. Great job! Those old/new pics from Disney are incredible. Congratulations! I just did my first tri a few months ago. It is SO much fun! You're going to love it. Are you still following WW?

Michelle
http://diaryofanaspiringloser.blogspot.com