Sunday, June 22, 2008

I'm back!

Alright, this has been a very busy year and I put my blog away until today. I will spare you the details of what has been happening in my life for the last 349 days and just give you the highlights.

My weight loss story has a happy ending! I made my Weight Watchers goal sometime in September. I have lost an additional 10 pounds (my "buffer") and only had one gain (darn you Disney World!). Here are a few before and after pictures:


Disney 2006


Disney 2006



Disney 2008

I am now moving towards a new fitness goal. I will be competing in my first triathlon September 6, 2008. It is a sprint triathlon with a 500 meter swim, 10 mile bike, and 3 mile run. I started training about a month ago at the gym. Jarrett and I found a pool at Avon Intermediary School East to train the swim and Jarrett bought me a beautiful and super fast race bike for our anniversary!


The bike is a Trek 1.2. I decided to get clipless pedals and shoes straight away to give me the best chance to ride as effectively as possible. We rode almost 25 miles the first day we had the bikes and it was a blast!

Jarrett started a new job in May in downtown Indy. He is very happy with his career change. It was an extra bonus that his new office is only 11 miles from our house as compared to 26 with his old job. I will admit that I generally have no idea what he is talking about when he starts talking about computer programming, but I do know it makes him happy!

My horse Frosty is doing very well. We competed in a show in April and ranked 3rd in the "Green as Grass" adult division. We were disqualified from the 2" division due to me falling off. No, it was not Frosty's fault. It was mine. I was jumping ahead and he refused a fence and I popped over his shoulder. If I had been in the correct position, I could have pushed him over the fence or at least not lost my balance when he refused. As with everything in life, a lesson was learned and according to my trainer, I have vastly improved my body position and am much more conscious of not riding too far forward to jumps. We have a show on July 5, so we will see how are hard work over the last few months has paid off. It is a 3-day event (cross country, show jumping, and dressage) all crammed into one day.

The saddest part of the past 349 days was December 15. Our beloved Shetland Sheepdog, Belle, lost her fight with cancer. She was my first dog and I will never forget her. She truly loved everyone. Her little "sister" Amelia still misses her greatly and so do Jarrett and I.

In the future, expect to see a lot of training posts as I get in shape for the Go Girl Triathlon. Wish me luck!

Monday, June 16 - Gym - 5 mile Run, 5 mile Bike, Free Weights - 1.25 hours
Tuesday, June 17 - Barn - Show Jumping - 1 hour
Wednesday, June 18 - Swim - 500 meters - 1 hour - Jarrett was helping me "remember" how to swim!
Thursday, June 19 - Swim - 1200 meters - 40 minutes
Friday, June 20 - Bike - 2.2 miles around the neighborhood - We bought our bikes and I was teaching myself to use my cool new pedals and shoes.
Saturday, June 21 - Bike - 24.4 miles
Sunday, June 22 - Barn - Cross Country - 1 hour

No comments: