Saturday, May 2, 2009

Mini Mania

This is my second time running the OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini Marathon and I had a pretty good race. No personal best, but I haven't been running much this year. My time was 2:40:37 with a 12:16 pace. This is a BIG race. It is the biggest half marathon in the US with 35, 000 participants. That means there are a lot of people to dodge. I did finish 15 minutes faster then last year. To celebrate the race, we've decided to sign-up for the Sunburst Half Marathon in South Bend that is being held on June 6. Jarrett and I ran the 10K last year and had a blast so in order to keep the focus on the October marathon and working on our distance, we're moving up to the half. Tri season starts in about 8 weeks. I don't think I'm going to do the first two of the season due to water temperature. I don't have a wet suit and I need a little more time to get ready for the swim anyway.

No comments: