Sunday, December 7, 2008

Snow!

So it is officially winter in Indiana. We had our first real snow yesterday. The roads were awful in the morning but got better as the day wore on.

Yesterday Jarrett turned 30. This historic milestone was marked by a nice day spent cruising the mall for deals and a wonderful dinner of sushi at our favorite sushi place, Tegry Bistro. We aren't really the birthday partying type of folks and since we don't get to spend enough time together a day with just the two of us was really nice. I got him a new iPod Nano to replace the one that was stolen out of his car last year. The fur kids got him movies. They love to snuggle and watch movies so it was appropriate they picked out a few favorite films for him, including Cars, Elf, and Nightmare Before Christmas. Now that I used all of my good ideas on his birthday presents I will have to think extra hard of a cool Christmas gift.

I have been super lazy since Thanksgiving. I haven't been to the gym or swam in ages. That will change this week. I'm traveling tomorrow so I plan to hit the hotel gym after I get in to PA. I will swim on Wednesday. I swear I'll do it. Seriously. I will. Swimming has been a total drag since it started to get cold. I just need to suck it up and go. Running is going to have to take place at the gym for pretty much the remainder of the winter. I managed to get pretty sick after running the Drumstick Dash on Thanksgiving in 20 degree weather. My lungs do not deal well with frigid air. Biking will also have to take place in the gym. I don't have a good place to set up a trainer in our house.

I wish everyone well this week :)

No comments: