Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Life Update

It's been awhile since my last post. Here is what's been going on:

-I left for Philly last week on Monday and spent two days being educated about environmental issues within the baking industry. This was actually a worthwhile trip and my travel went very smoothly. My only complaint is that it is IMPOSSIBLE to eat healthy at an airport. I managed to make it back without gaining any weight, but I definitely did not loose any weight. I did workout in the gym at the hotel for about an hour and got plenty of walking in at the airport.

-Friday I went to Lafayette to help load the horses for the show. Frosty was great! He hopped right on the trailer and didn't even make a fuss about wearing his shipping boots. We got to the Horse Park about 11:30 am and immediately had to get horses ready for a cross country clinic. Christy rode Frosty for his first cross country outing and he did AWESOME! He wasn't afraid of anything! Everyone did really well at the clinic and no one fell off :)

-Saturday was the show. Show days start super early. Jarrett's parents were kind enough to let us stay with them and took care of the girls for us while we were busy with the horses. My events were at 9:00, 10:30, and 1:30. That may sound like a long time between events, but by the time you actually tack your horse, warm-up and ride, it feels like your rushed. Luckily, I had my handy horse husband to help groom, tack, and carry various stuff. He is very good about helping all the girls get to their tests on time and making sure no one forgot anything. He has also gotten very good at giving a leg up.
Frosty was a little worked up for our first test. He was upset about leaving his friends at the barn and spent a good amount of time hollering at them. For this being his first show, he was pretty well behaved. He didn't leap out of the dressage arena or any silliness of that nature. The show was a combined training show which means you could either enter only dressage or jumping and dressage. We did both. I was horrible nervous about the jumping part of the show. I'm totally out of practice at jumping and Frosty had only jumped five times prior to the show. Last year, I psyched myself out and ended up scratching my jumping round. This year, I actually did it! I was very proud of myself. It was very reassuring watching Frosty take to the cross country course like a pro the day before. I knew if he could jump a 3 foot solid obstacle stuck in the middle of a field while people drove golf carts around him, he could handle a little cross rail. He did great. We had a clear round with no refusals and no rails down :) He almost stopped at the third fence, but at the last second he determined that he could just step over it. The rest of the round went very well. He actually started to get into the rhythm by the end of the course. Our scores from the morning dressage and jumping ended up landing us a 4th place! The last event of the day was another dressage test. We ended up getting a 3rd place in that event! We ended the day with a lovely dinner with all of our horse people.

-Sunday was another fun day. Frosty got to do cross country again, this time with me riding. He did great. I got yelled at...a lot. I have a problem of not keeping my heels down and jumping ahead. This is because I do not jump enough. Solution...jump more. By the end of the day, my position had improved and it just shows, practice makes perfect.

Here is a link to pictures of me at the horse show: Show Pictures 2007

This week has been kind of rough. I started feeling kind of sick on Monday and by Tuesday I'd come down with a sinus infection. I went to the barn for my lesson Tuesday and ended up having to get off after about 3 minutes because I got a massive nose bleed. I've never had a nose bleed like that before and I hope I never do again. I went to work this morning, but left around 2:00 pm because my head was killing me.

I missed my Weight Watcher's weigh-in last week due to traveling. Tomorrow it's back to face the scale. I honestly have no clue whether I lost any weight or not. I guess I'll find out tomorrow!

No comments: